Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday announced the cancellation of all examinations conducted by TDPL and recruitment processes carried out through the agency amid protests by students over alleged irregularities in competitive examinations.
Soren also announced that a committee headed by a retired judge would inquire into the matter. He said all results published by TDPL would also stand cancelled.
The announcement came after talks between the government and protesting students failed to resolve their concerns. Soren said the government was taking the students’ demands seriously and had already accepted several of them.
He said the CID would investigate all examinations conducted in Jharkhand since 2014. The Chief Minister also said CID and SIT investigations had uncovered several “incriminating facts” related to alleged examination fraud and rigging.
Soren said people recruited through the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) had also been arrested in connection with alleged irregularities.
He further said the government had an SOP for conducting examinations, but it was not followed properly. The government will now work on reforms to make the examination and recruitment process more transparent.
A grievance portal has also been created for students. The complaints received through the portal will be shared with the expert team. Soren announced that Amitabh Kaushal would head the government’s reform initiative.
